Drumline – Battery
Band room opens at 5pm
Report to the admin office at 6pm.
We will go from there to play the School Song at the dinner.
Pre-game as usual featuring American Pride (with folios and lyres!)
Don’t forget the 8 count “gate” move!
Sitting in the end zone this week.
Halftime – just movement number one then 4 count turn and march to the back. Parade rest during ceremony followed by School Song.
Post-game – Full show – standing and playing the very end of Star Trek where we stopped this morning.
Change and go to bed. See you there – make sure you look over your music before this evening – it can be even better!
Here are the important things you need to know regarding marching band…
1) Please make sure Star Trek is fully memorized for Friday – in the key of C (at the end…)
2) Call time on Friday is 6pm at the MS in front of the administration doors. Don’t be late. Do not park in that lot, however.
3) Our competition on September 29 has been canceled by Wyoming. We have elected to go to a morning show on October 13th in Grandville and we need EVERYONE! Please make sure this form (download here) comes back ASAP. Deadline – Monday.
Download the agenda .pdf file here.
Download the full Rockford Competition Band list here.
Get directions to Rockford here.
ROCKFORD – Saturday, September 22, 2012
12:30pm Arrive at SLHS (eat lunch before arriving)
12:45pm Rehearsal begins
2:45pm Rehearsal ends, load trailers and change
3:15pm Leave for Rockford
4:40pm Warm-up time
6:25pm Class B Awards Ceremony
7:00pm Leave Rockford
8:00pm Arrive SLHS
All music will be memorized…BY EVERYONE.
Sleep well Friday Night
Eat a good breakfast and lunch!
Wear your show shirt under your uniform
Make sure your black shoes are clean and you have LONG black socks
FULL UNIFORM AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN PUBLIC
FROM THE SECOND WE LEAVE SPRING LAKE UNTIL WE ARE HOME, WE ARE PERFORMING!
We’ve had several “new” band parents ask about details for the Rockford Invitational on September 22nd. As with all the Invitationals, we don’t know the exact details until we receive a time from the organizers of the contest. The day we get the information, we will post it online and tell the students. The day usually consists of an afternoon rehearsal, break to change and a performance around 6pm. We then stay until awards at around 9:30pm and head home. Look for details soon!
Monday Night Rehearsal – DONE (by the time you read this…)
Thursday, August 23 – Football Game
- Arrive at the High School, get dressed and proceed to the Middle School while driving with care and caution.
- You will be in full uniform, show shirts underneath, LONG black socks and Drillmasters. Post earrings only, no bracelets.
- You must park on the street or at Holmes Elementary NOT the MS parking lot. Report at the Administration Office steps at 6:00pm SHARP.
- There will be NO guests in the stands during the game and you must stay in full uniform for the entire game. That means zipped.
- Keep your instrument with you always and stay seated in your section ready to play. Maybe even watch the game and cheer!
- No cell phone usage during the game unless it’s an emergency.
- You have the 3rd quarter off, but must be back in time to play at the end of the third quarter. Keep your eyes on the clock.
PREGAME: School Song, You’re a Grand Old Flag and National Anthem (with folios)
HALFTIME: MVT 1 and 2 memorized with drill. End with School Song (no folios)
IN THE STANDS: 25 or 6 to 4 and Soulfinger (with folios)
POSTGAME: Star Trek (with folios) – we play on the track.
Friday, August 24 – Long Rehearsal
Be ready to go at 9:00am SHARP.
Learning Star Trek drill…
Lunch will be provided by the Band Backers (Thank you!)
Dismiss at 3:00pm.
Be prepared with everything like you are at Band Camp (music, drill, water, appropriate clothing, etc.)